Beyond the Pages is a manuscript appraisal and writing development service run by Australian rural author, Fleur McDonald.
Gain valuable feedback and insight into your work before seeking a publisher. Fleur has extensive experience as a published author with 17 novels and two children’s books under her belt.
Beyond the Pages is a one on one service that includes:
- Three Hours of Reading your submitted Manuscript
- Edited Copy of the First Chapter of your Manuscript
- Written Critique Report to guide further development
There is no limit to the length of the Manuscript you submit to Fleur. As much as possible will be read during the three hour period before Fleur returns to the first chapter to edit it and prepare a critique report on the material that was read.
If Fleur deems your Manuscript suitable, she’ll send the first twenty pages to her publisher with the intent of feedback and to allow her publisher to assess whether she would like to read more. This is a unique way to get your work in front of a publisher.
“I highly recommend Fleur McDonald’s editing advice and courses! Fleur has helped me immeasurably over the last few years in bringing my scripts to life. During the writing of three books, Fleur has offered constructive advice and spent several weeks assisting me at a distance with the last one, bringing her eagle editing eye to troublesome spots. Her advice rings in my ear: ‘If the writing is not driving the story forward, it shouldn’t be in there.’ Thank you, Fleur – it’s inspiring working with you!” (name withheld for privacy)
- Beyond the Pages is a manuscript appraisal service and cannot guarantee your work will be selected by a publisher. The aim of manuscript appraisal is to gain independent feedback from an industry professional.
- All work submitted to Fleur for appraisal remains confidential and copyright belongs to the author.
- Fleur respects the intellectual property of fellow authors and will not misuse or replicate submitted manuscripts in her own work.