Here are ten reasons that books make the best Christmas presents:
10. Books don’t need to be assembled.
9. Books don’t need batteries.
8. Books don’t come in the wrong color or size.
7. Books are easy to gift wrap.
6. Books don’t go out of style.
5. Books aren’t noisy.
4. Books can be taken anywhere.
3. Books aren’t wrapped in impenetrable plastic.
2. Books are gifts that can be opened again and again.
1. Books, no matter how much you use them, never run out.
Now, here are so more book recommendations from author’s Kylie Ladd and Rebeccas James:
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
Happily Ever After by Benison Anne O’Reilly
Claudia’s Big Break by Lisa Heidke
The fortunes of Ruby White by Lia Weston
Diary of a Wimpy Kid series – these books got my reluctant 9 year old twins hooked on reading!
Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
Good Oil by Laura Buzo
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
The Spare Room by Helen Garner